“Make a difference to the people I work with” and “make a difference in the world”. You can create a business that gives you personal freedom AND makes a difference online.
That’s the topic of Janet Beckers’ podcast with a case study of an inspiring friend, Kayoko Mitsumatsu. Kayoko turned an everyday routine into a cause that has changed the lives of thousands in India, for the better. She was a producer/director for NHK Japan’s National Public Broadcaster. Now she is the co-founder of Yoga Gives Back, which started back in 2007 from her yoga class in Los Angeles, which has now grown to a global campaign.
Here’s what we discuss in the interview:
- How Kayoko was inspired to help those in India living in poverty
- How yoga plays an integral part in the movement that has helped thousands
- Her documentary career and how her business connected her with a way to make a difference online
- The exact steps Kayo took from idea to international movement
- How to tap into the Instagram Influencer trend to magnify impact
- The importance of creating a “movement” rather than a “project” and the clearly expressed goals that amplified her message
- The lessons you can apply from this case study to make a difference online