Our Response to COVID-19 Crisis in India
The world is witnessing India’s struggle with the horrific second surge of Covid-19 cases every day.
This Pandemic has truly underscored many divides in this world: Oxygen, Digital, and basic Human Rights. The devastating effect will certainly persist beyond the current crisis with the hospital oxygen supply, especially among the most vulnerable population.
Here is a quick look at YGB’s response to COVID-19 crisis:
YGB’s response to COVID-19, beyond this Oxygen crisis:
- Ensure that we raise enough funds so that our 1400 fund recipients can survive this current surge and its long lasting effect:
- 600 young children to continue their education with safe life environment
- 500 mothers to continue their work
- 700 young girls not to be married off or trapped into human trafficking
- Use our funding for emergency relief as we did in 2020, as the lockdown started again in 2021:
- Shift our funding from regular micro loan funding to supplemental food for over 500 struggling families
- Hygiene and sanitary napkins for over 700 girls and women
- Education materials for over 500 children
- Assistance to ensure 200 teen girls to continue their remote tutorial classes, including providing food incentive for the girls’ families to keep them at school with YGB scholarship
While many of us are blessed to have yoga practice in our lives, many women and children are struggling for their lives, severely affected by COVID-19 nationwide lockdown and a catastrophic Cyclone Amphan.
It’s estimated that 300 million people worldwide practice yoga, generating $80 billion every year. If a fraction of this is redirected, we can make a life changing difference.
Join #OneMillionYogis Giving Back!
Check this short video of a recent conversation with Manami Das, YGB’s NGO partner NISHTHA, West Bengal, sharing their urgent need for Food to save girls’ lives. Recorded on May 1,2021. We will continue to update the situation.
Question? Comment? Want to hold a fundraising event?
Join the Community
“I immediately resonated with Yoga Gives Back’s ethos as it truly shows karma yoga in action. When I look at the kind of aid the YGB campaigns support, I see how not only “the price of one yoga class can change a life” but potentially generations. Being able to support women to start a business or gain vocational skills to help them move out of poverty, cultivate entrepreneurship and gain independence will have a profound effect on their whole families now and in the future. So what to us might seem like a drop in the ocean will create a lasting rippling effect. This is such an inspiring way to create sustained change. Supporting YGB also gives me the opportunity to give something back to the motherland of my practice, the practice for which I am so profoundly grateful. Yoga shows me how to find freedom and choice in my own life, so I am honored to be working with YGB to provide the women we support in India with freedom and choices which aren’t naturally available to them.”
Show your gratitude and compassion as a yoga practitioner, yoga teacher or just as a human being and join us in supporting real change. No one ever became poor of giving. Are you with us?”
“Recently, the most unfathomable thing happened to me. I was laid off from my job as a Pharmacist Project Manager after working for the same organization for 33 years. It was a shocking experience that I will never forget. Instead of wallowing in my sorrow, I chose to help those who need help. Since a year ago, I started practicing Yoga and Meditation to relief stress and anxiety. I met the founder of Yoga Gives Back (YGB) at a Yoga pop up class. Yoga Gives Back is an organization that helps empower women and provide scholarship to children and orphans by using ‘Micro-financing’, an unconventional financing to support women to start their own businesses.”
Ready to Make a Change?
Join our #OneMillionYogis Campaign!