Thank YOU. YGB’s 15th Anniversary Gala was a big success!
We came together for a day of inspiration, mindfulness, and yoga to raise funds to support more than 2400 women and children with Yoga Gives Back programs of empowerment in India.
We were honored to present our humanitarian Namaste Award to Christy Turlington Burns, Founder & President of Every Mother Counts, for her dedication as global maternal health advocate since the day she became a mother.
REGISTER to watch all sessions as REPLAY!
Bidding is Open!
A tribute to visionaries who inspire the global yoga community and beyond with their vision. In addition, these individuals have committed themselves to humanitarian causes to make this world a better place.
Christy Turlington Burns
Founder & President, Every Mother Counts
We are truly proud to honor Christy Turlington Burns as the recipient of the 2022 Yoga Gives Back Namaste Award for her advocacy for human rights, especially for global maternal health.
Every Mother Counts (EMC) founder and President Christy Turlington Burns’ work in maternal health began after experiencing a childbirth related complication in 2003—an experience that would later inspire her to direct and produce the documentary feature film, No Woman, No Cry, about the challenges women face throughout pregnancy and childbirth around the world. Under Christy’s leadership, Every Mother Counts has invested more than $25 million in programs in Africa, Latin America, South Asia and the United States focused on making pregnancy and childbirth safe for every mother, everywhere. As a long-time yoga practitioner, Christy continues to inspire us to make a difference in the world.
Senior Editor, Yoga Journal
Tamara became Senior Editor at Yoga Journal after a career as a writer, editor, researcher, and yoga instructor.
Tamara will introduce Christy at our Namaste Award presentation.
As a journalist, Tamara covered all aspects of health with a special interest the health issues of women and people of color, public health, and yoga’s impact on mental wellness. Prior to taking her role at Yoga Journal, she was a college journalism professor and taught the first for-credit yoga course at a historically Black college.
A Snapshot of the Day
- Namaste Award Presentation & Dialogue: Christy Turlington Burns
- LIVE Global Relay “108 Sun Salutations”: YGB’s Global Ambassadors joining from Australia, Canada, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Turkey, The Netherlands, U.K., USA and more!
- Chanting, Mediation, Pranayama and Yoga Nidra: Kino MacGregor, David Swenson, Dena Kingsberg, Mary Taylor and Birgitte Kristen
- Conversation with “Ambassadors of the Year”:Harmony Slater, Jeanne Heileman, Kia Miller & Michelle El Khoury
- Panel “Beyond Prenatal Yoga: Yoga and the Real World of Childbirth and Parenting”: Britta Bushnell PhD, Deb Flashenberg, Michelle El Khouri, PhD, Pranidhi Varshney, Sarah Ezrin
- Screening “No Woman No Cry”: Film by Christy Turlington
- Live with YGB Scholarship Students and NGO Partners in India
Your donation supports more than 2,400 women and children in India with programs of empowerment.
YGB Ambassador Sponsors
Ana Forrest & Jose Calarco